March 20-23, 2017, Walnut Creek, CA
Who should attend this meeting?
Open to all, not just current DOE JGI users. Researchers working in the areas of energy and environmental genomics and synthetic biology, as well as current and potential future users of the DOE Joint Genome Institute. The Genomics of Energy and Environment Meeting program will feature international speakers on a range of exciting topics, but will also provide opportunities to interact with JGI users supported through the JGI Community Science Program (CSP), the Facilities Integrating Collaborations for User Science (FICUS) initiative, and the DOE Bioenergy Research Centers, as well as technical and scientific JGI staff. Students, postdocs, and principal investigators considering future applications to the CSP or other JGI User Programs are particularly encouraged to attend.
Need some inspiration to participate? Listen to members of the JGI user community describe why you should participate in the 2017 JGI User Meeting.
Topics discussed at this meeting: Microbial genomics, fungal genomics, metagenomics, and plant genomics; genome editing, secondary metabolites, pathway engineering, synthetic biology, high-throughput functional genomics, high-performance computing applications, and societal impacts of technological advances. State-of-the-art presentations by invited speakers as well as short talks selected from poster abstracts.
DOE JGI Genomics of Energy and Environment Meeting
- Tobias Erb, Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology
- C. Titus Brown, University of California, Davis
- Cat Adams, UC Berkeley
- Mikael Andersen, Technical University of Denmark
- Patsy Babbitt, UC San Francisco
- C. Titus Brown, UC Davis
- Gloria Coruzzi, New York University
- Tobi Erb, MPI
- Colleen Hansel, WHOI
- Jan Leach, Colorado State University
- Mary Lipton, PNNL / EMSL
- Jonathan Lynch, Penn State University
- Katherine (Trina) McMahon, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Thomas Mock, University of East Anglia
- Chris Pires, University of Missouri
- Andrew Roger, Dalhousie University
- Teresa Pawlowska, Cornell University
- Renee Wegrzyn, DARPA
- Philipp Zerbe, UC Davis
To receive email updates, contact firstname.lastname@example.org