DOE Joint Genome Institute
Genomics of Energy & Environment Meeting
Hope to see you in person at Berkeley Lab!
In Person Registration Closes August 15, 2022 @ 11:59PM (PDT)
All are welcome to register and join the 2022 DOE Joint Genome Institute (JGI) Genomics of Energy & Environment Meeting, which coincides with our 25th Anniversary. The JGI convenes this annual gathering of leaders from diverse disciplines to highlight how they are addressing the world’s most pressing energy and environmental challenges. Many of these presenters have been supported by the research infrastructure – DNA sequencing, synthesis, metabolomics, data analysis, and new technology developments – that the JGI offers through its User Programs on a competitive, peer-reviewed basis to the worldwide scientific community. This year’s Meeting, to be held August 29 – 31, will be a hybrid event – in person at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) – and virtually through the Social27 platform. See the confirmed speakers list here and below. The Meeting will be followed by several workshops.
There will be a poster competition with the following categories: Best Communicated Science, Most Impactful Science, Best Student Poster, and Audience Choice.
Opportunities for vendors to exhibit during the Meeting, as well as poster prize naming opportunities, are described in the 2022 JGI Annual Meeting Sponsor Prospectus.
Please review the virtual meeting Code of Conduct here before the Meeting begins.
Register here now.
If you have any questions regarding this years JGI User Meeting please contact Denise Yadon.
If you are interested in being notified about other upcoming meetings and resource opportunities, you can sign up for periodic communications with an email to the JGI Communications & Outreach team.
Confirmed 2022 Speakers:
- Jennifer Doudna, University of California, Berkeley (Keynote) (Virtual)
- Assaf Vardi, Weizmann Institute of Science (Keynote) (Virtual)
- Susan Wessler, University of California, Riverside (Keynote)
- Jenn Brophy, Stanford University
- Kathleen Greenham, University of Minnesota
- Roland Hatzenpichler, Montana State University
- Luiz Irber, 10x Genomics
- Linda Kinkel, University of Minnesota
- Kostas Konstantinidis, Georgia Tech (Virtual)
- Michael Köpke, LanzaTech
- James Leebens-Mack, University of Georgia
- Tom Madden, National Institutes of Health
- Erin Nuccio, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Michelle O’Malley, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Aaron Puri, University of Utah
- Davinia Salvachua, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Patrick Shih, University of California, Berkeley
- Ophelia Venturelli, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Ming Wang, University of California, San Diego
You can check out videos from the 2021 Meeting talks here.