- Nearest Airport Information?
- What are the parking options at the Oakland Marriott?
- How do I submit an abstract?
- Will JGI pay my travel expenses and/or registration fee to attend the User Meeting?
- What meals are included in my conference registration?
- Will there be wifi available?
- What is the name of the events app?
- When can I view the posters?
- Will you have charging stations available?
- Where can I find info on visiting Oakland?
Oakland International Airport
Take Highway 880 North. Take Exit 41B towards Broadway/Downtown. Turn right onto Broadway. Distance from hotel: 9 miles. See the Travel and Logistics page for more ground transportation info.
San Francisco International Airport
Driving directions: Take Highway 101 North. Keep right at the fork and continue on I-80E and follow signs for Bay Bridge. After crossing the Bay Bridge take exit I-580E. Continue onto I-908W. Take exit 1B for Jackson Street/I-880. Merge onto 5th street. Turn left onto Jackson street. Turn left at 6th street. Keep right and follow signs for Broadway. Turn right onto Broadway. Distance from hotel: 25 miles. See the Travel and Logistics page for more ground transportation info.
Self and Valet Parking are available at the Marriott hotel. Rates are $45 for self parking and $50 for valet parking. Both options have in/out privileges.
We strongly encourage using public transportation options including BART. The hotel is only one block from the 12th Street Oakland City Center BART station.
Abstracts will be collected electronically. Once you have registered for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the abstract submission module and step by step instructions to assist you in submitting the abstract.
No, JGI cannot reimburse you for any of your travel or meeting expenses.
- Sunday, March 22nd: AM Refreshments, Lunch, PM Refreshments and Appetizers during the Reception/Poster Session for VEGA. AM Refreshments, Lunch and PM Refreshments for KBase workshops.
- Monday, March 23rd: AM Refreshments, Lunch and PM Refreshments for VEGA. AM Refreshments, Lunch and PM Refreshments for KBase workshops.
- Tuesday, March 24th: AM Refreshments, Lunch, PM Refreshments and Appetizers during the evening Sponsor Showcase/Poster Session and Reception.
- Wednesday, March 25th: AM Refreshments, Lunch, PM Refreshments and Appetizers during the evening Sponsor Showcase / Poster Session and Reception.
- Thursday, March 26th: AM Refreshments and Lunch only.
Yes, WiFi will be provided throughout the meeting space.
- Search for “15th JGI”.
- Download and enter password “jgiuser2020”.
Posters are available for viewing starting at 5PM Tuesday March 24th through 8PM Wednesday March 25th.
Yes, charging stations will be available.