Meetings Conduct Policy
All participants and staff of the JGI events are required to adhere to the following Code of Conduct. Event organizers will enforce this Code throughout the entire event.
All participants are expected to be familiar with this policy.
Our aim in hosting an event is to build a stronger community. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone feels welcome to participate, speak up, ask questions, and engage in conversation. This requires a harassment-free and inclusive environment that recognizes the inherent worth of every participant. We invite all those who participate to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate the harassment of participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate during any aspect of this virtual event/conference, including talks, workshops, parties, social media such as Twitter, or other online media.
Following a Code of Conduct allows us to create the best experience possible for all attendees. Participants violating these rules may be expelled from the event at the discretion of the event staff. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert staff if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- During this virtual event or any of its related events, no participant should engage in harassment in any form.
- Exercise tolerance for diverse ideas and a commitment to free inquiry based on evidence and criticism.