Conference Hotel Accommodations: Oakland Marriott City Center
BOOK YOUR HOTEL HERE
Oakland Marriott City Center
Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Phone: (510) 451-4000
Fax: (510) 835-3466
To confirm a sleeping room within the conference room block, a valid credit card is required during the online reservation process. Reservations must be cancelled at least 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid one nights charge.
- Sunday, March 22nd: AM Refreshments, Lunch, PM Refreshments and Appetizers during the Reception/Poster Session for VEGA. AM Refreshments, Lunch and PM Refreshments for KBase workshops.
- Monday, March 23rd: AM Refreshments, Lunch and PM Refreshments for VEGA. AM Refreshments, Lunch and PM Refreshments for KBase workshops.
- Tuesday, March 24th: AM Refreshments, Lunch, PM Refreshments and Appetizers during the evening Sponsor Showcase/Poster Session and Reception.
- Wednesday, March 25th: AM Refreshments, Lunch, PM Refreshments and Appetizers during the evening Sponsor Showcase / Poster Session and Reception.
- Thursday, March 26th: AM Refreshments and Lunch only.
Below are the most convenient airports to the San Francisco Bay Area:
Both airports are convenient to Oakland downtown area and both have Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) stations within the airport, which is very convenient for travel into the city. The Oakland 12th street BART station is only one block from the hotel. Rental cars, shuttles, cabs, etc. are also available from both airports.
More info below:
Daily Parking Rates at the Marriott
- Self Parking: $45.00
- Valet: $50.00
- Self and valet parking includes in/out privileges for overnight hotel guests. Valet-USD 10 late check out fee after 3pm.
- Unattended luggage storage will be available on Thursday, March 26th in the Junior Ballroom 1 meeting room.
Participants from outside the United States should allow ample time for issuance of a visa if one is required of visitors from their country. Because of random in-depth security checks, the issuance of new visas can take up to three or even four months, so be sure to apply early.
Visa Waiver Countries
Citizens of countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) do not need to apply for visas to attend the User Meeting, as long as they have a machine-readable passport. (These are tamper-resistant and incorporate biometric identifiers in compliance with guidelines established by the International Civil Aviation Organization). If you are a traveler from a VWP country and you have a machine-readable passport, you may enter the United States using just your passport and your registration confirmation.
Non-Visa Waiver Countries
Citizens of countries not participating in the Visa Waiver Program will need to request a Business (B-1) visa at the nearest U.S. Consulate. Please present at the Consulate your registration confirmation along with your valid passport. We urge you to do this EARLY, as there are often delays in this process. Official letters of invitation (without financial commitment) to help overcome administrative difficulties in some countries can be sent upon written email request to the meeting administrator, Denise Yadon.
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- The Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) (formerly the US-VISIT program)
- US State Department Travel site