DOE JGI Genomics of Energy and Environment Meeting
Conference Hotel Accommodations
Hilton Union Square San Francisco, CA
BOOK YOUR HOTEL HERE
333 O’Farrell Street
San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Phone: (415) 771-1400
Fax: (415) 202-7798
To confirm a sleeping room within the conference Room Block, a valid credit card is required during the online reservation process, with a first night’s deposit, refundable up to 72 hours in advance of the reservation date. Checks and major credit cards are acceptable to establish prepayment. All credit cards used to prepay the room deposit will be charged immediately.
- Tuesday, April 2nd: AM Refreshments, Lunch, and PM Refreshments for NeLLi and the Technology Mini Colloquium only.
- KBase workshops do not include lunch
- Wednesday, April 3rd: AM Refreshments, PM Refreshments and Appetizers during the evening Sponsor Showcase / Poster Session and Reception.
- Thursday, April 4th: AM Refreshments, Lunch, PM Refreshments and Appetizers during the evening Sponsor Showcase / Poster Session and Reception.
- Friday, April 5th: AM Refreshments and Lunch.
Below are the most convenient airports to the San Francisco Bay Area:
Both airports are convenient to the San Francisco downtown area and both have Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) stations within the airport, which is very convenient for travel into the city. The Powell street BART station is only 0.2 miles from the hotel. (Local shuttle service to your hotel can be arranged through the hotel.) Rental cars, shuttles, cabs, etc. are also available from both airports.
More info below:
Daily Parking Rates at the Hilton
- Self Parking: $62.70 (Garage Parking)
- Valet: $76.38
- Unattended luggage storage will be available on Friday, April 5th in the Poster Session room.
Participants from outside the United States should allow ample time for issuance of a visa if one is required of visitors from their country. Because of random in-depth security checks, the issuance of new visas can take up to three or even four months, so be sure to apply early.
Visa Waiver Countries
Citizens of countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) do not need to apply for visas to attend the User Meeting, as long as they have a machine-readable passport. (These are tamper-resistant and incorporate biometric identifiers in compliance with guidelines established by the International Civil Aviation Organization). If you are a traveler from a VWP country and you have a machine-readable passport, you may enter the United States using just your passport and your registration confirmation.
Non-Visa Waiver Countries
Citizens of countries not participating in the Visa Waiver Program will need to request a Business (B-1) visa at the nearest U.S. Consulate. Please present at the Consulate your registration confirmation along with your valid passport. We urge you to do this EARLY, as there are often delays in this process. Official letters of invitation (without financial commitment) to help overcome administrative difficulties in some countries can be sent upon written email request to the meeting administrator, Denise Yadon.
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- The Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) (formerly the US-VISIT program)
- US State Department Travel site