DOE Joint Genome Institute
Genomics of Energy & Environment Meeting
Select videos from the Meeting are available – go here to watch.
Thanks for joining us at Berkeley Lab and virtually for the 2022 JGI Annual Meeting!
Hope to see you next year.
The 2022 DOE Joint Genome Institute (JGI) Genomics of Energy & Environment Meeting coincided with the Institute’s 25th Anniversary. We hope that this gathering of leaders from diverse disciplines highlighted how they are addressing the world’s most pressing energy and environmental challenges. The invited talks emphasize how the research infrastructure – DNA sequencing, synthesis, metabolomics, data analysis, and new technology developments – that the JGI offers through its User Programs on a competitive, peer-reviewed basis to the worldwide scientific community can advance your research goals. This year’s Meeting, to be held August 29 – 31, was a hybrid event – in person at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) – and virtually through the Social27 platform. See the speakers list here and below. The Meeting was followed by several workshops.
Here below are the winners of the poster competition in the order they were presented:
If you have questions regarding the 2023 JGI Annual Meeting, contact Denise Yadon.
If you are interested in being notified about other upcoming meetings and resource opportunities, you can sign up for periodic communications with an email to the JGI Communications & Outreach team.
Please review the virtual meeting Code of Conduct here before next year’s Meeting.
2022 JGI Annual Meeting Speakers:
- Jennifer Doudna, University of California, Berkeley (Keynote) (Virtual)
- Assaf Vardi, Weizmann Institute of Science (Keynote) (Virtual)
- Susan Wessler, University of California, Riverside (Keynote)
- Jenn Brophy, Stanford University
- Kathleen Greenham, University of Minnesota
- Roland Hatzenpichler, Montana State University
- Luiz Irber, 10x Genomics
- Linda Kinkel, University of Minnesota
- Kostas Konstantinidis, Georgia Tech (Virtual)
- Michael Köpke, LanzaTech
- James Leebens-Mack, University of Georgia
- Tom Madden, National Institutes of Health
- Erin Nuccio, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Michelle O’Malley, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Aaron Puri, University of Utah
- Davinia Salvachua, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Patrick Shih, University of California, Berkeley
- Ophelia Venturelli, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Ming Wang, University of California, San Diego
You can check out videos from the 2021 Meeting talks here.
Thanks to the 2022 JGI Annual Meeting Sponsors!
Check out their sites linked below: